Saturday, March 21, 2009

Poll Results: What was your favorite 90s comic book cartoon?

With a total of 91 votes here are the results for this month's poll:

1. Batman - 39% (36 votes)
2. X-Men - 25 % (23 votes)
3. Spider-Man - 17% (16 votes)
4. The Tick - 8% (8 votes)
5. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - 6% (6 votes)
6. Superman - 1% (1 vote)
- Iron Man - 1% (1 vote)
8. Incredible Hulk - 0% (0 votes)
- Fantastic Four - 0% (0 votes)

Not to surprising with how the poll went. Though I am a bit surprise that TMNT and the Tick didn't receive more votes. As a kid I always remember how much I enjoyed that old 80s/90s series of TMNT even though it does feel dated now. But the opposite would be the case for The Tick. I have to agree with what Matt Ampersand said and that while I didn't completely get what the Tick was about as a kid though now that I recently had a chance to watch it on Toon Disney, or I guess Disney XD now, and I have to say it is just as good as the top 3 cartoons on the list. Even though it has been over 10 years since it aired The Tick and all of the jokes still feel relevant today.

Now even though I love Batman: The Animated Series and the Batman series that existed in that universe, and I have Batman and Batman Beyond seasons on DVD, I have to say that I did not watch that series as religiously as I did the X-Men and Spider-Man animated series. The reason I actually got into comics was because of the X-Men and Spider-Man series. And I can't wait for the season DVDs of the X-Men series to come out next month.

While The Batman, X-Men Evolution, and Wolverine and the X-Men aren't in the same class as the top three on the list I will say that the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon is can easily break the top three and when all said in done it will be hard to see which cartoon is the best as I love that new series. I already set my DVR for when the Spectacular Spider-Man premiers on Disney XD and I can't wait to see the second season of that series and for us to get an actual collection of the first season as that is what I am waiting to get not the individual set of DVDs that only have 3 episodes.

Thanks to everyone that voted.

0 Comments: