Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Legen--wait for it---dary Comic Book Highlight for 1/7/09

Cover of the Week: Trinity #32
While I am not reading Trinity I have to say that I have enjoyed some of the covers for that title. Jim Lee continues to draw one of my favorite versions of Batman. Now only if he and Miller would go back to working on All-Star Batman and Robin we can see more of Lee's version of Batman.

Invincible Iron Man #9 Highlights
Only Tony would go this far in order to protect everyone's secret identity while allowing all his peers to continue to hate him.

One of the things that I like about Marvel's "Dark Reign" direction is that they have returned Norman Osborn to being Marvel's version of DC's Lex Luthor.

I think this is the first time I have seen Maria Hill kick some ass. She definitely pwned these H.A.M.M.E.R before she is outnumbered and captured (though she later escapes).

Norman declares war on Tony. With Norman, H.A.M.M.E.R, heroes, and villains hunting him down Tony will have to pull off his best Jason Bourne impersonation just to stay alive long enough to be the hero again.

Secret Invasion: War of Kings One-Shot Highlights
The Chamber of Devices was a cool addition to the Inhumans and gives them the fire power they needed in this issue and in War of Kings.

Pelletier provided this issue with some great artwork and this spread of the Inhumans turning their lunar city into a space station was incredible. I love the little touch of Earth being in the background with part of the planet covered in the Moon's shadow.

The Skrulls learned first hand that you do not mess with Black Bolt.

With the Kree behind him Black Bolt and the Inhumans are one serious superpower not to be messed with.

Terror Titans #4 Highlights
Seeing how power Static is gives me a small hope that when he joins the Teen Titans they will have at least one character I am interested in.

0 Comments: